Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Targets For 2008


The alps is the main goal for my mountaineering. North Face of the 'Pigne D'arolla' (that can be seen behined my head on the Title Photo) has taken my fancy along with the unconquerable-looking spire of 'Aguille de la Tsa' (above).

I also want a 'ganda' at some F.As:

*Turkey Nab Face. I think it's going to be hard as I had an attempt at bouldering the start and it's atleast 6b. The gears not good either and a fall off the top wall would be scraping the ground with rope extension and the placement's not good. I just hope the top's easier than the bottom.

*The 'E3 Arete' at Round Crag. Dangerous and needs a clean. A local top roped it and reported it as E3 6b although with the evident lack of gear I doubt the E3 status.

*Child In Time- Durple Gill. This is one of the best un-climbed lines at a slate quarry we descovered near patterdale.

*Roseberry Direct. One of the last big moors walls and an epic is garrenteed.

*Complete the 'Middle Head Project' . An under-developed crag that needs some time allocating.


Aswell as this want to get to the lakes more and and really get BOLD. I used to be bold, but am not anymore for some reason. Once i get my head right i'll probably atempt some harder stuff locally.

It seems like high-hopes, but last year's hopes were to consolidate VS (which seemed optimistic) and we infact did a lot more. Hopefully these targets will be vanquished and improved upon.


No comments: