Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Choss Whippers on Moors Limestone

We went to Whitestone. Dave got scared at the sight of Black Mamba. We retreated to Peak Scar.
I had a look at BBC. Dave wasn't psyched to get on it, so off I trotted up. ran the two pitches together- placing no gear in the easier first pitch. Got up to the roof, Bomber thread, clipped a crap peg, out to a good hex. Went for the roof, got over the lip, going for a more direct right line (apparently the route goes up the left arete) I ended up on untrodden rubish crimps, which proptly broke off and I ended up falling below the first belay in a shower of choss.

I haven't fallen off an 'E2' for a while, but I managed to persuade myself it was a slightly different line and promptly went for my second go; left up the arete and flashed the cool moves up to the top, if not a bit wet. Excllent turf up top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really?