Friday, 2 April 2010

Stoupe Brow- New HVS and Re-grading.

Another day at Stoupe Brow, this time a little wet but calm. I must say it's more plesent being there on a calm day. Doogie led me up a new jamming crack which was soaking, but would be a very nice route in the dry. Bits of turf here and there, but not in the crack, so the beautiful jamming wasn't effected. We called it 'the Gulls of Naverone', which I found hilarious.

I then abed down 'The White Scoop', which was wet- annoying as I was psyched for the lead. Dooge then had an epic onsight ascent of my Central Crack (E2 5c) and after I seconded it again, we agreed it was more like E3 6a ** as the crux is pretty hard.
Abing down the wall right of the crack; which I dubbed Albatross Travels; I found a cool line of spaced crimps with no gear for 10 metres; which should give a cool new E7 and is probably the best route at the crag. A crag that just keeps giving, hopefully we'll get something hard done soon.

No comments: